Today on my blog I have the H.A.L.F. The Deep Beneath blog tour. On my stop there is a spotlight, 10 Random Things Post, review, and giveaway.
H.A.L.F. 9 has taken his first breath of desert air and his first steps in the human world. Created to be a weapon, he proved too powerful for his makers and has lived a sedated life hidden from humans. But H.A.L.F. 9 has escaped the underground lab he called home, and the sedation has worn off. He has never been more alive. More powerful. Or more deadly.
Erika Holt longs to ride her motorcycle east until pavement meets shore. She bides her time until graduation when she’ll say adios to the trailer she shares with her alcoholic mother and memories of her dead father. But a typical night in the desert with friends thrusts Erika into a situation more dangerous than she ever imagined.
Circumstances push the two together, and each must make a fateful choice. Will Erika help H.A.L.F. 9 despite her “don’t get involved” rule? And will H.A.L.F. 9 let Erika live even though he was trained to kill?
The two may need to forget their rules and training and if either is to survive the dangers of the deep beneath them.
This is a great book that I read so quick that when it was over I was shocked I had read it so fast. The story line is so fast paced and the characters have so much depth to them that I felt like I knew them and that their story line was being played out right in front of me. Oh and Natalie has left me with so many questions that I really need book two now to know what is going to happen. I am definitely going to be buying it release day. 5/5 Bloody Fangs
Natalie is the author of H.A.L.F., a young adult science fiction series, and The Akasha Chronicles, a young adult fantasy trilogy. She lives in the high desert of Tucson, Arizona with her husband, tween daughter, and two young cats.
Natalie spends her time writing, reading, gaming, geeking out over nerd culture and cool science, hanging out on social media, and meeting readers and fans at festivals and comic cons throughout the western United States. She likes to walk in the desert, snorkel in warm waters, travel, and share excellent food and conversation with awesome people. Natalie supports the rights of both humans and non-humans to live a life free of suffering caused by people. She was raised an Ohio farm girl, lives in the desert Southwest, and dreams of living in a big city high rise.
10 Random Things About My College Years
10. A wood floor covered in beer is slippery.
9. Because of #10, never wear high heels, pumps or ballet flats to a college party.
8. There is only one time in your adult life when wearing pajamas all day is acceptable. (Okay, unless you’re a writer.)
Now you’re all wondering if I’m wearing pajamas, huh?
7. At no other time in your life will you be surrounded by such a diverse group of people. Future teachers, doctors, engineers, designers, artists, lawyers, musicians, etc., all sharing the same space.
6. I began as a political science major, ended up with a degree in art education but never taught school. Instead I went to law school but 20 years later became a writer. Go figure!
5. Drinks with names like “Brain Stomper” do exactly what the name says.
4. I got married to the love of my life while still in college. They said it wouldn’t last. We’re still together and he is still my best friend.
3. I began my studies at a very small college (about 1500 students total) and ended my undergraduate work at a very large college (over 90,000 students total). I can testify to the fact that the size of the package doesn’t matter. It’s how you use it. ;-)
2. In college, my boyfriend’s roommate had two kittens. One was named Ron, the other Nancy. If you know who those kittens were named after, you probably have a good idea of the era I went to college.
1. If you’re in college and you’re not having fun, you’re not doing it right. ;-)
Thank you for stopping by my blog today. Make sure you check out the other dates on the TOUR for more guest posts and reviews. I would like to say Thank You to Natalie for letting me review your book and for the guest post and say Thank You to Jean BookNerd for letting me participate in this blog tour. Don't forget to enter the giveaway below.