Friday, October 4, 2013

31 Days of Halloween: Day 4

It's Day 4 of 31 Days of Halloween and today I have my good friend Stephanie Constante. She is an AMAZING author. I absolutely love her and her books ROCK! I just devour them when they come out. I am gonna hand my blog over to Stephanie now so she can share her Top Ten Holiday Traditions with us.


Halloween Traditions


Halloween has always been my favorite holiday because there was something completely magical in the air when Fall arrived. I didn’t care about gifts at Christmas, or fireworks on the Fourth; dressing up and being someone else however was always way more fun for me. My parents made it a point to do something special every year for Halloween whether it was trick or treating, having a little block party for the kids in my area, or taking me to a haunted house. There is nothing like Halloween in my opinion and these are just some traditions I try to keep whenever my favorite time of year comes around. 



1.  Going to Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party. Almost every year I take a trip to Disney for their annual Halloween party. Adults get to dress up during this event and you have the Boo to You Parade, candy trails, special appearances by villains of classic Disney movies, a villain performance, and a Halloween specific fireworks display. It really is a magical experience and if you ever get the chance to go, it is a must!


2. Decorating the house. I usually decorate my home with lots of fun and ghoulish props starting at the beginning of October.


3. Pumpkin carving. Halloween is not the same without carving a pumpkin; you just have to do it!


4. Watching Hocus Pocus. I know it’s almost Halloween when they start showing Hocus Pocus. I grew up on this movie and have watched it religiously every year.


5. Halloween Parties. Either having one or going to one. The best is when everyone dresses up and there is plenty of Halloween themed food.


6. Dressing up. I usually have two costumes, one for work and one for going out on Halloween. The work one tends to be a bit more gruesome since I don’t really care what I look like at work. When I go out, I like to doll myself up to balance it out.


7. Candy! Oh there is nothing like walking down an aisle at Target and seeing nothing but candy and other delectable goodies. You just can’t have Halloween without some candy, even if I’m watching what I eat, I try to enjoy myself at least for one day and have some tasty treats.



8. Haunted Houses. Usually I try to go to a haunted house but the ones in my area are pretty far. I wish I could say I go to Halloween Horror Nights but I actually haven’t been in YEARS! If worse comes to worse we build our own Haunted House at work.


9.  Decorating my door at work.  I always try to put a little something on the door to scare my co-workers.  ;)


10. Reading about haunted places. This is the time of year to curl up with a spooky book and read about all the haunted locations. My favorite book is Ghosts of Key West by David L. Sloan which has always been one of the creepiest book on haunted places that I’ve read.



Thank you Stephanie for sharing your Top Ten Halloween Traditions with us. I enjoyed reading about your traditions. 

Thank you for stopping by my blog today for 31 Days of Halloween. Stephanie has donated 2 ebooks of her  book Pygmalia. To enter tell us some of your Halloween Traditions. Remember to leave your email so you can be contacted if you win.

Happy Halloween!
~Sabrina

2 comments:

  1. This was so much fun! I love any chance to talk about Halloween! I'm a little obsessed! Haha! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the pictures! Great post. I usually watch movies like Hocus Pocus, Halloween Town and of course Halloween. I take my little one trick or treating every year. Carve at least one pumpkin and my hubby has started getting me a new mum every year to plant.

    ReplyDelete