Today I have 3 authors that I love and adore on my blog to tell us their 10 things they are grateful for. I will also be telling you my 10 things. At the end of this post there will be links to the other blogs participating so make sure you check them out to see what authors they have and what they are grateful for this Holiday season.
1. I'm thankful for my family and my kids. They are the reason I work, write, cook, clean, and get out of bed everyday. No matter how successful I become in life I would never feel fulfilled without my family to share it with me.
2. I'm deeply thankful for my friends on blogs like this one and the book pages on Facebook who supported this completely unknown indie author from the very beginning. For that I will forever be grateful.
3. I'm thankful for the love of reading and the urge to write that brings me daily joy.
4. I'm thankful for Starbucks! Without my cafe mocha nothing would ever get done.
5. I am thankful for the differences between my daughters. Where one is calm the other is hyper. Where one is free spirit the other needs order. One has brown eyes and the other has blue. They are perfect in their own way and their differences make them extraordinary young ladies.
6. I'm thankful to have a man that supports my love of writing and encourages me to follow my dreams.
7. I'm thankful for the mistakes I made in my writing career. I have learned so much and grown with every trial I have faced and conquered.
8. I'm thankful for Facebook. Without it I would have missed out on some of the best friendships I've ever had.
9. I'm thankful for the hot men the roll across my news feed. They brighten my every day. Thanks to everyone who posts them.
10. I'm thankful for my recently purchased heated throw blanket. Who ever decided making my favorite blanket in miniature (I think of it as fun sized) was a good idea is a genius.
I’m thankful for a lot of things (and people! Have you seen my Acknowledgments?). Here are the first ten that spring to mind.
I’m thankful for:
1.) Being raised in a family that valued creativity, education, and faith.
2.) Being able to attend college without having to worry about repaying huge school loans because my parents scrimped and saved and sacrificed for us.
3.) Being in a loving and supportive family of my own making even though I never envisioned myself getting married or having children.
4.) Being able to occasionally travel and explore (and talk to readers and writers!) and share my love of that with my husband and son.
5.) Being a published and relatively successful author—oh, the doors that have opened to me and thereby allowed me to open doors for others!
6.) My friends and Family (which sometimes includes family and always includes those I’d adopt in a heartbeat as my own).
7.) My drive to step outside my naturally shy and insecure character and push myself to learn more, do more, and be more.
8.) My willingness to take on challenges. Huh, maybe I should reword that as: “My mile-and-a-half-wide stubborn streak.”
9.) My editor and agent (I swear, they’re the best I’ve ever met) and the others before them that saw something in my worthy of being given a chance.
10.) My friends and Family. Seriously—they deserve another spot on my list. <3
The Top 10 Things That I'm Thankful For
I'm doing mine in reverse order, just because I like to be different ;)
10- I'm thankful for the fact that I have a warm home to live in.
9- I'm thankful for the fact that alcohol is legal! It helps me think ;)
8- I'm super thankful for chocolate, the dark kind. It doesn't hurt my belly.
7- I'm sooo thankful for the hot men "eye candy" pictures that inspire my characters.
6- I'm thankful for Jergen's natural glow. It helps this Irish girl have a little color all year round (The real sun makes me look like a lobster, LOL)
5- I'm thankful for books, all kinds and the fact that I can read them.
4- I'm thankful for Animal print. Without it, my life would be colorless ;)
3- I'm thankful for the Mute button aka my ipod. It is awesome to tune some people out <3
2- I'm seriously thankful for coffee. Without this particular "nectar" I would not function on a daily basis. Thank you baby jesus!
All joking aside the #1 thing that I am thankful for is
1- I'm thankful for the amazing people in my life. I have the most incredible fans in the world. Seriously, I have to be the most blessed Author in the universe. Thank you my loves. My friends keep me going. They cattle prod me when needed (which is often), and have my back always... I love you guys. There are too many of you to name, but you know who you are! My family... what can I say, I'm blessed. I have amazing siblings, cousins, aunts, uncles, and a father who loves us all so much. My husband, who is my moon. He actually hung the stars for me. My son, my monkey... he is the very reason I breathe. I'm thankful that you're still sitting here reading why I'm thankful!
Happy Thanksgiving, whereever you are, may you spend it with those you love, and those that love you.
My list in no real order.
1~ My family who support me in everything I do even when I make mistakes.
2~ My husband who loves me through all my craziness and supports me in my book obsession even though he doesn't understand it. lol!
3~ My friends who I consider family for all their support and helping pick myself up when I get knocked down.
4~ My furr babies who mean the world to me. They love me no matter what.
5~ All the authors who write books that I love and can get lost in and have helped me when things are hard. I can never express how my gratitude to you all.
6~ For all my friends I have met through facebook who's obsession with books matches my own and I no longer feel like a weirdo. lol!
7~ My parents who gave me the gift of reading to me until I could do it and taking me to the library or book store every week to get new books to read.
8~ To NKOTB for their music. They helped deal with the loss of 3 people in my life who meant the world to me. I can never express my gratitude to you 5 men.
9~ My dad for always being there for me my entire life even if that meant leaving his truck and flying back home for me to cry on his shoulder or help pick me up when life knocked me down.
10~ My mom who is 1 of the strongest women I know and has always been there for me no matter what. She showed me how to be a strong woman and has helped me be the woman I am today.
I wanna say Thank you to Cat, Shannon, and K.B. for participating in this Thankful blog hop. Thank you to all the other authors and bloggers who are participating. And a big Thank you to all the people who follow my blog and like my page. It means more than I can express. Thank You to all of you!! Make sure you check out the links to the other blogs. Please leave what you are Thankful for this year.